If you are interested in attending the launch for Wrongly accused. Who is responsible for investigating miscarriages of justice? let us know.
WHERE: College of Law, 14 Store Street, London WC1E 7DE (Tube stations: Goodge St or Tottenham Court Rd)
WHEN: March 29, 2012, 6.30 to 8pm
Francis FitzGibbon QC, Doughty Street Chambers, will chair a discussion with:
- Michael Mansfield QC, human rights lawyer;
- David Jessel, investigative journalist (Rough Justice, Trial & Error) and former commissioner at the Criminal Cases Review Commission;
- Alastair MacGregor QC, deputy chair of the Criminal Cases Review Commission;
- Campbell Malone, defence lawyer who specialises in miscarriages of justice and chair of the Criminal Appeal Lawyers Association; and
- Emily Bolton, project manager of the fledgling Centre for Criminal Appeals and former director of Innocence Project New Orleans.
TICKETS ARE FREE: email firstname.lastname@example.org (max 2 per person).
The event is likely to be oversubscribed. We are asking people who claim tickets to confirm attendance a week before the event.
If you can’t make it, PLEASE let us know.